Thursday 5 May 2011

Wee ones wobble and they DO fall down...

Eee by gum last night were a bad 'un. I spent from dusk til dawn waiting by the phone expecting Barnardo's, Social Services or Esther Rantzen to tinkle and tell me in no uncertain terms that I am a terrible mother, utterly incapable of looking after little yum yum and that basically, I smell.

Thing is, yesterday evening around din-dins (the time is firmly implanted in my mind as I recall chocking on a piece of stuffed crust in horror) I noticed a honking great bruise on the side of Boo's spam.

Now, I know I have a tendency to overreact and am, at all times, trembling with a sort of wibbly neurosis (well, maybe a little more than wibbly - think the possessed chick with the spinning noggin from the Exorcist) and in reality the bruise is probably about 1cm square. Ok, EXACTLY 1cm square. I measured it. I need to know these things so I that I can leap to my feet and squeal 'OBJECTION!' (I've always wanted to do that) in response to evidence brought against me when I am inevitably summoned to court for being a neglectful wench. Nothing like a bit of make believe drama to make things seem a whole lot worse now is there?

Am I being ridiculous? Yes, probably. But will knowing that I am being a hammy moonbiscuit about all this help at all? No, probably not. Still, wingnut or no, the fact remains that my perfect wee Boo has suffered a knock and I feel like I have failed in my role as safety net / bouncer / sheep pig.

Remember how poor old Kevin Costner was haunted by his absence at President Reagan's attempted snuffing at the beginning of The Bodyguard? Well, *sniffle* I feel his pain. I just hope I don't have to boff Whitney Hoowoo to get over it.

The reason behind scrumple stiltskin's injury you see is not as mysterious as it may seem - Boo has started cruisin'. I hate this term by the way, it makes mini muffin sound like a lechy wee kerb crawler in a grubby mac and pedal powered Ford Cortina.

And cruisers, as you may well know, are like drunken tramps out ferreting through bins for half eaten kebabs and the odd dribble of Special Brew. They think they can stand, they even think they can walk but then, all of a sudden, SPLAT! Oopsy-daisy, heap of baby on floor / tramp in bush.

So I have two options here, two ways of dealing with my intrepid, albeit clumsy, little platypus. I can either strap a number of well-fed gerbils to Sir Poop-alot's tiny bonce to cushion his fall or just suck it up and accept the fact that sproglets tumble. They twat their melons. And no amount of pigging baby-proofing is going to change that.

It's a hard decision to make but, as gerbils allegedly create a lot of mess and one hairy smellbag is enough for one house (poochface not Hubble, although saying that...), I guess I'm just gonna have to gather my marbles, tighten my loose screws and man up. *Puffs out chest and salutes poster of Private Benjamin*.

With pookie's 10 month review on Wednesday (I am setting up his Powerpoint presentation and flip chart as we speak. We are both hoping he gets a pay-rise and well-deserved promotion) I am hoping the consultant looks kindly upon me and more importantly, upon Boo's bonk blemish.

If you see me on Crimewatch next week however, with a bounty on my head and a sign across my chest that reads:

"WANTED: BAD MUMSIE AT LARGE WITH MAIMED INFANT IN TOW. EASILY IDENTIFIABLE BY 1CM SQ BRUISING TO CHILD'S SPAM AND TINY USELESS JEREMY BEADLE HANDS OF MOTHER THAT COULDN'T CATCH A COLD LET ALONE A TUMBLING TOT",

then you know the bint squealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment